Our Malaysia Campus is place of inspiration and innovation. With technology-rich learning spaces and many opportunities to meet new people, your experiences in Curtin’s welcoming, multicultural environment will change your life. Check out this video to get a taste of the Curtin Sarawak experience:
ON CAMPUS LEARNING AND SUPPORT SERVICES
Being a University student is an exciting time in your life that presents many opportunities and challenges. Here at Curtin Malaysia we understand these challenges and work hard to provide students with opportunities to enhance their university experience. Our Malaysia campus is a hive of activity, with a wide range of sports, social clubs, events and activities.
Enjoy lunch with your friends in the canteen or picnic on the sprawling grounds, work out in the gym or join a yoga class, browse the library or just take in the breathtaking equatorial sunsets after a day of classes, there really is something for everyone.
Serviced by our own transport network and with a wide range of services and support facilities, you will easily settle into studying at Curtin. There are on-campus food, retail, bookshop, housing, health and counselling facilities to help you make the most of your study time.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS ON CAMPUS
A large cafeteria with a number of food stalls forms part of the Student Service Complex on campus. These food outlets provide a range of Asian, Malaysian, Western and local menus for staff and students. All food outlets provide halal food. Eating out in Miri is relatively cheap and there are plenty of choices, including excellent seafood and major fast-food chains.
Location: Falcon 3 (Food Court)
- The Station (Western Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Cafe Nusa (Arabian Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Chives (Chinese Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Sri Kasturi (Malay Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Saffron (Indian Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Campus Wok (Asian Fusion Cuisine) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- Snacks & Drinks Kiosk (Snacks and Beverages) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
- The Bread Box (Bakery) | Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5pm, Saturday : 9.30am to 12pm
- Jive A Juice (Snacks and Beverages) | Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm, Saturday : 8am to 2pm
Location: Kingfisher 5 (Lakeside)
- Lakeside Cafe | Monday to Friday: 10am to 9pm, Except for Fridays: 7pm to 9pm
Location: Chancellery Building
- Wan Gastro (Western Cuisine) | Monday to Saturday: 7:30am to 6pm
RETAIL OUTLETS ON CAMPUS
Students are able to get some light snacks, stationery and photocopy services from the convenience store; while textbooks, stationery items, lab coats, Curtin T-shirts and University souvenir items are available for sale at the bookshop.
Location: Falcon 2
- Convenience Store: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5pm, Saturday : 9.30pm to 1.30pm.
- Campus Bookshop: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Postal Services: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5pm
The University’s Counseling Service is free, confidential and available to all students. The counseling staff provide support for study and learning strategies, career and course changes, cross-cultural issues and personal counseling. Appointments can be made at any time by email to our Senior Counselor Kokilah Manogaran at email@example.com. Alternatively fill out the online Appointment Request Form or simply drop by the Counseling Office at Prinia 1. Learn more about the Counseling Department here.
SPORTS AND SOCIAL CLUBS
Our wide range of sports and social clubs that cater for the recreational needs of students. The sporting and recreational complex on campus includes a soccer field, basketball, badminton and volleyball courts, indoor soccer, jogging track and gymnasium. Students are encouraged to make the most of campus life by participating in such games and other social activities that are organised from time to time. Students may also approach the Student Council to start up new clubs, games and social activities.
At Curtin University, community engagement is a primary focus for us. Through several initiatives our staff and students have been honoured to give back to our communities through volunteer work in support of charitable organisations and through raising funds and awareness for important causes. Below are some ways in which you can get involved.
- Curtin e-FACT
- Curtin OutReach
- Curtin Volunteers
- Curtin Young Associates
- John Curtin Leadership Academy
- John Curtin Weekend
- Model UN Curtin Malaysia